The National PTA Reflections Arts Program promotes arts education, while boosting student confidence, creativity, and critical thinking skills. Over 300,000 students, from Pre-K to Grade 12, participate annually by creating works of art around a pre-selected theme. Upon review by judges, some works advance from school to district levels of competition, with the opportunity to move on to state and national levels.
Theme for 2023-2024: “I am Hopeful Because…”
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Primary: Pre-K to Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3 to 5
- Special Artist: Students with special needs may enter in this division or at grade level.
All works will be exhibited at the Franklin Reflections Art Show (with Art Stations) after school hours in December! Awards will be given to all participants at a future community assembly. Information to follow.
FRANKLIN DUE DATE: OCTOBER 27, 2023
VIRTUAL ENTRY FORM: https://forms.gle/n8eieWzBW37Lf8fQ
Introductory Video: https://youtu.be/MuaoV5TyfBI
General Rules: General Reflections Rules - California State PTA (capta.org)
- Dance Choreography dance-choreography-category-guidelines_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Film Production film-production-category-guidelines_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Literature literature-category-guidelines_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Music Composition music-composition-category-guidelines_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Photography photography-category-guidelines_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Visual Arts visual-arts-category-guidelines_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Special Artist special-artist-division-rules_reflections.pdf (capta.org)
- Choose one or more categories. Multiple entries are allowed.
- Focus on the theme and refer to the rules to create an original work of art. Each piece must be the creation of one student.
- Fill out one Virtual Entry Form for each work. (School email addresses are not accepted.)
- Include an Artist Statement with each entry and make appropriate submissions.
- When done, make sure to click on “Submit” and receive a confirmation email.
- For visual arts and photography categories only: please leave physical works in the “Reflections Arts” container at the Franklin School Office.
- Students selected to advance will be notified at a future date.
- Interpretation of theme
(Emphasis is placed on the first two.)
Questions are welcome!
Franklin Local Unit Reflections Chair, Carmen Petrossian: email@example.com